I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The spirit of compromise...

Yesterday Wyatt came home from school to inform me that when Willie gets home I HAD to talk to him about wearing his shirt. I had a head ache all day and had a pinched nerve or something so my back hurt from my neck to my hips and quite frankly, I could have cared less about a little squabble over a shirt. And honestly, who knew if Willie had his shirt on or not. You see, they are constantly sharing clothes. I often buy boat loads of shirts all in the same size because Willie and Wyatt can wear the same size and Hayden and Hyrum can to. I don't even sort their underwear after washing... it all goes into their drawers and if they have something they don't want others to wear, then they can take care to put it up themselves! But every few minutes Wyatt came back in and reminded me that I must talk to Willie. I had to laugh.... Sure Wyatt, no problem but those look a LOT like Willie's jeans! Care to explain???? Willie is in middle school so he gets out 2 hours later and Wyatt followed him in the door demanding justice... justice I gave them!!! I let them know that if they could not find a way to compromise, and if they thought anything, least of all a shirt that we have TWO of anyway was worth fighting for, then I would just take the shirt away... and why again did you have Willie's jeans on? His answer was because Willie had his shorts on. I told them again they better find a compromise that they could live with, or they would BOTH live with MY consequences!

Imagine my joy this morning when they came upstairs and told me that it was okay for Wyatt to wear Willie's jeans, because Willie would be able to wear Wyatt's shorts... and they would just share their shirts since they always do anyway!

What a GREAT plan!!! Compromise... what a concept!

1 comment:

Chavah Kinloch said...

LOL I love this story. I'd have handled it the same way.