I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, April 30, 2009

What is this, some kind of sick competition???

I'm really starting to get a little freaked out! There have been a couple of times that something has happened at the mine and I immediately go through the mental check list of who is there... is Thayne okay? Is Garrett okay? Is my dad? And then my brothers, Shayne and Shalum. After what seems like constant accidents, from Kinzee stepping on a nail the day we were driving home from the hospital, to Tallin getting both thumbs hurt, my stomach seems to constantly be in a knot waiting for the other shoe to drop. So I can't say that I was too terribly shocked when Candice called and asked if it was okay to close the video store a few minutes early so she could meet Shalum at the hospital when he came in from the mine. Yep... he got a finger smashed. He said that when it happened he thought, "Oh, I am probably going to lose a nail!" After he finished doing whatever it was he was doing, he took his glove off and realized that there wasn't a nail left! That and the fact that they couldn't get it to stop bleeding, he figured it might be a good idea to get to the hospital.


He thinks he's in the running with Jace... I'm just not sure... you can be the judge... (this if for all of you sick people that are entertained by sick pictures!) And they said it wasn't as bad as they thought! Thank goodness... Shalum is my baby brother, he's always had a soft spot in my heart and was my little buddy before I left home. So it's like another one of my kids got hurt!



5 comments:

Scofield Family said...

I think that those are worse then Jace's but I have a real problem seeing fingers being hurt if it was lower or somewhere else it wouldnt have bothered me as much.

It just gives me the creepy crawlies.

Leslie said...

Wow!!!!!!

tHe tHaYeRs said...

What's going on with the family? GEEZ...We all better start praying extra hard for them! :)

Living My Dream said...

Prayers would definately be welcome and most accepted!!! :) There are far too many to stop worrying about!

talitha said...

That's a nice one. Really good munch.