A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
How to get the children to clean...
Well, I don't know how YOU do it, but for me, bribery works just fine! The house is a mess. I was gone yesterday taking Jace to the doctor so we were gone all day. I asked nicely for them to jump in and help clean but nobody even glanced up at me when I threw out the suggestion that a clean house makes for a happy family! :) But then Kalli and Hyrum asked for friends to come over. I said, "Wow, I am sorry, the house is embarrassing... too bad it isn't cleaned because we could have friends." You guess it, they jumped in and are helping take the garbage out and clean up the floors. Kassi offered to clean the kitchen IF she got to use her dad's laptop because everyone knows dad has the most awesome music on his laptop... so she has it hooked up, speakers hook up and the house is shaking... which is fine, the kitchen is getting cleaned. Kinzee also wants a friend over... so she is cleaning. Kailee wants to go with me... so when I suggested we just take the laundry into town to wash, she is on it and the Excursion is loaded with clothes waiting to go to the laundromat! Yep... I am a mother not above using bribery to get my way. And I am okay with that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been known to use those exact tactics to get things done at our house!
As a mom of many, we do whatever works!! :)
Amen! You go, girl!
Good for you. I wish bribery worked at my house, but not yet darn it.
I fully agree. I 'bribed' my 6 yo son today for a dentist appt - he has had bad experiences before. As soon as he is feeling better from the extraction, we will go to the store to get a new webkins. The dentist tried to tell me it isn't bribery, it is positive reinforcement - must be he doesn't have (m)any kids yet!
Glad your house got cleaned.
Whatever works, lol.
I just bribed my kids with candy, lol. Works so well.
Julie
Post a Comment