I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Still more sights... Madame Tussauds

We had nothing to do but wander around and decided to check out the 'stars' at Madame Tussauds... it was fun to walk through and check everyone out. They say that the body is sculpted in clay, molded in plaster and then cast in fiberglass and the wax heads are amazing. I can't believe how much work goes into making just one 'person'. They say that they are portrayed as accurately as possible which made me laugh when I saw how tiny Brad Pitt looked... or some of the other 'stars'... holy cow they are tiny! I also had to smile at how John and Jackie Kennedy were placed right across from Marilyn Monroe. I'd say she got the best end of the deal because she was standing next to John Wayne... The Duke. Yep, I would rather hang with him anyway! I kind of smiled thinking of how much my grandma loved him! I am glad we took the time to see this. It was definitely worth it!

Marilyn...
JFK and Jackie....
Sing to me....
Love this one!
My most favorite display!
The Duke... and my sweet husband (who is standing on his tippy toes to be taller!!!)
A picture is worth a thousand words... a game of one on one perhaps??? :)



He is TINY... no wonder he wears high heals!










Poor Mel... bet he wishes he was back in his glory days....
Next time we go to Vegas we are definitely going to see this show!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Thank you for sharing.. that is really neat. Some look so REAL! I want to see the Blue Man Group too. they are coming to Paducah, KY and tickets are pretty cheap.. now to talk Trev into it.. he has been like I don't know that group..LOL! Thanks again!