and while I felt like crying, I had to smile!
My grandma was the way a little kid thinks a grandma should be.
I loved going to grandma's house!
She did what a grandma is supposed to do...
love you, and make you feel like you are the greatest person ever!
I find myself singing songs to my own grandson that
my grandma sang to me.
She taught me nursery rhymes and read to me
and rocked me and sang me to sleep.
I remember as a very little kid how safe I felt with her.
Grandpa died before I was born,
but because of her love for him, I felt like I knew him.
She never stopped loving him and never wanted to be with anyone but him.
I always wanted to love somebody the way she loved grandpa!
I remember sitting on her lap while she read to me.
One day when I was very young I read an entire book
to my mom and dad.
Grandma thought it was funny letting them think I knew how to read.
But it was because she read it to me so much that I had it memorized.
She told me one time that after I was born
my mom told her not to rock me the whole time she had me
because it would spoil me.
She said that she would rock me the whole time they were gone anyway.
She told me that she felt like Heavenly Father sent me to her
after He took grandpa home.
Sometimes I feel like she is very close
still watching over our family.
Happy Birthday in Heaven today grandma!
Know that we love you and miss you!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment