We waited patiently for the kids to settle down so we could get ready for bed and wait for Santa to come. They settled in the girls room but it took them a while to actually settled down!
A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Monday, December 27, 2010
Waiting for Santa to come...
Christmas kind of snuck up on us this year. I had hoped to have Thayne home with us while the kids were out but him needing and then having back surgery kind of threw a kink in the plans and while it has been wonderful to have him home, it made for a crazy month and before we knew it Christmas even was here! I had been fighting a migraine off and on for almost 3 weeks and the migraine was full blown during the day, but I told Thayne that even while my head was throbbing, I knew that this was one of the moments that we needed to tuck away as a wonderful memory and cherish the moment (headache or not) and enjoy the time with our family while we have the opportunity. Everyone is growing up and families are being created and one day we won't have everyone in the house. Somebody had told my mom that married kids needed to be in their own homes and start their own traditions and while I know that there will be a time when it will be easier for them to be at home, I am grateful that our kids wanted to be here, carrying on traditions that we have created over the years! Seeing the kids together, enjoying each other's company and looking forward to the fun of the day is an amazing thing! Family is the most important thing and even more important to us because there isn't a lot of involvement from extended family. It is something that we consciously decided to work on... to keep our family strong and involved with each other. I loved listening to them playing games and talking together....even if it was loud and made the thunder in my head even worse! I love it! I love the time together. I love the memories locked away to hold tight to and cherish. I look at each child, so different and yet so strong and so amazing and I think that I have everything you could ask for! I know that times will change, sometimes we will have to share them with the other families, but those moments when we can all be together are worth more than any other gift! There is nothing of more worth than the love shared in this home!!!
We waited patiently for the kids to settle down so we could get ready for bed and wait for Santa to come. They settled in the girls room but it took them a while to actually settled down!

While we waited for the younger kids to settle down, the big kids and the 2 little elves were busy playing and talking upstairs. I have to say that having an uncle/brother like Jace is a pretty amazing thing... Jace adores Gabe and it is fun to watch him play with him....
I am thinking that Garrett should be very worried that Uncle Jace will spoil little Gabe as badly as he has spoiled Naters!!!
Our little Elf was helping us gather all of the stockings so Santa and his elves could fill them!
It seemed like the kids would never go to sleep so while we were waiting Nate thought it was funny to entertain us with stockings on his head and feet.... he also put one on his dad and his little nephew. Oh boy he was wound up... it took him quite a while to finally crash so that we could finally help Santa set!
Ho Ho Ho... silly boy!
Really... the pictures don't do it justice! Kassi said that they decided Santa just got sick of stacking presents and started tossing them on top of each other. Yep, pretty much that is exactly what happened!!!
We waited patiently for the kids to settle down so we could get ready for bed and wait for Santa to come. They settled in the girls room but it took them a while to actually settled down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't even imagine Christmas morning at your house. I have just the 4 kids and it seems like chaos and two of them are teens. Looks like fun.
Tania
Post a Comment