After dealing with not so nice dog owners, I am happy to say that my faith in the human race is restored! Today is Thursday. Thursday is trash day. Usually Thayne takes the garbage cans up in the morning before he leaves for work. Or he reminds the boys to get them up. We live at the bottom of a hill so taking the trash cans up to the top of the drive is a chore. This morning Thayne slept in and left without taking the cans up. I went for a walk and thought for a second on my way home that I should remember to get the garbage cans up. A second. That's all I thought about it and then promptly forgot it! So, it's quiet when I get home. I was playing on the internet, doing some video store stuff on it, and hear the garbage truck! I looked out the window and there it was, one house away! I started yelling for the kids to see if they could hurry and get at least 2 of the cans up or we would be hauling trash to the dump this week. Willie, Wyatt, Hayden and Kinzee jump out of bed and go running.... barefoot even! They grab the cans and start pulling them up the hill. I was so afraid they were going to drive off. But nope! They didn't just wait around while the kids drug them up the hill, they jumped out of the truck, ran part way down the hill to the kids and hauled the cans up. How do you say thank you to a bunch of garbage men? Would cookies be out of line? :) How do you think they would feel if the kids waited on the hill next week and gave them cookies and a thank you note? And some hand sanitizer??? I was just shocked. They were so sweet!!!
This is a shot looking down from the top of our hill!
4 comments:
How nice of them! I really hope you get the dog thing worked out. We live in the country (no laws) our neighbor had a Chow that would chase my daycare parents to the door. She snapped at the kids THROUGH chainlink when they would play in the backyard. Dude finally got rid of her after enough calls to the police though. Good luck!
I love the garbage men. They are seriously Top 5 of favorite people EVER.
We have had the last second dash to the curb more times than I care to admit...
Cookies are always appreciated and pop or something to drink. Our neighbor is a garbage man! he is very nice like that too! What great guys!
That is so awesome. I'd give them a nice tip at Christmas. :)
Post a Comment