I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Awwww.... here we go again!

Home improvement time again! Actually it has been an on-going thing that has just never gotten finished! But we are serious this time. Earnest in our desire to finish what we have either started, or hoped to start for a very long time! We spent some time at Home Depot today. A LONG time! First purchase were two new windows for the basement. And paint. And set up a time to have measurements taken for carpet. As I type, Thayne is completely tearing apart what will be Nate's bedroom. We are fixing walls, replacing the door and trim and re-doing that closet. He will, at the same time be doing the same thing in the empty bedroom downstairs that will be Willie and Wyatt's room. Then on to Tallin and Jace's room and our bedroom. Before we are done we will have repainted and replaced trim in every room. We decided we are doing wood floors in the bedrooms downstairs because, let's face it, a dozen children live down there and I am sick of the mess!!! Sweeping is much easier than trying to keep carpet clean! I told Thayne that it is about time we made this home a place where a dozen or so kids are living instead of trying to make do in a normal family home! I have had it with towels on the floor because they really don't have a place to hang them (well... they did but it wasn't as practical as I first believed so now we know what doesn't work!!!) and really... who could have planned closets for 17 people to hang coats and backpacks! We will also be doing the siding of the house, since Jace can get us a steal of a deal and he and Thayne can do the work themselves! And they will finish the deck. Hopefully before Tallin's graduation. I am just counting my blessings that we aren't redoing the kitchen! THAT was a nightmare!

Thayne just told me, "Oh, this will go fast!" I am counting on it! I NEED it to go fast for my sanity! Luckily we have boys that build houses for a living and they can do what needs to be done while Thayne is at work. I know the pain in my rear is going to be waiting on the carpet. The last time we tried to get them to come and measure they just never showed up! I HATE waiting... I am just too impatient! We are also trying a new storage idea for my stuff. My friend Buffy said to bring my scrapbooking stuff to her store and work there since she spends hours doing nothing there... so that is my new plan to maybe finish my scrapbooking projects since her store is right next to the video store and the kids can play there too. Oh to accomplish my 'goals' this year! That would be a great thing!!!

3 comments:

tammyandvincent said...

When you are finished, tell Thayne and the boys to come and re-do my house. That would be very nice of them.(LOL)

talitha said...

Everything sounds good! I know what stress it is to be in the middle of it, though...just keep remembering the end product!

talitha said...

Oh, and you could always fly in here to go to the crop night with me every month to get the scrapbooking done...tell Thayne to be a dear and make that happen.