Tonight was Jace's birthday. But we were also throwing a surprise party for one of my dearest friends, Debra Lynn (since I am the only one that gets to call her Debra). Deb moved away from here, far too long ago, made her home in Alaska and now in Washington. Thank goodness for me she has a son and a new grand baby here so I get to see her once in a while. But her birthday was yesterday, and Jace shares his birthday with her husband Jerry. Jer was killed at work 12 years ago in May... Deb and I have been best friends for at least that long.... I was her first visiting teacher when they moved out here. So much for hiding out! ;) So her son Ben asked if we could do something for her birthday. And since she surprised me last year and came to town on my birthday, I was only too willing to surprise her this time. It was hard to keep the secret. She kept telling me what she was doing tonight as we were out to lunch. I kept smiling on the inside and telling her what we were doing tonight for Jace's birthday.... not mentioning that she would be here too! She always calls me "my Kimberli" so when Ben told her they were coming here she said, "To my Kimberli's house?" My girls call her "my Debbie" so they were thrilled when they found out "my Debbie" was coming for dinner! We had tacos, lots of fun visiting and cake for Deb and cheesecake for Jace, because cheesecake is what he wanted! It was a little crazy here, but lots of fun!
Happy Birthday Jace... my sweet boy! And Happy Birthday Deb!









No comments:
Post a Comment