I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, March 9, 2009

The rest of the trip....

Now that we got home and got settled back into life, and had Kassi and Tanner's birthday party, I was able to get the pictures from the camera onto the computer and finish the rest of the trip. It truly was fun, though tiring. About the last hour of the trip before we headed for home I was running out of patience! We were at the church museum in Salt Lake and Hyrum and Kami were supposed to be playing nicely (they were most of the time) when Kami took one of the blocks that Hyrum wanted and he started pounding on her! I am thinking... "YOU ARE BUILDING A TEMPLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS DO IT NICELY!!!" So I was ready to be done and I think they were too! There's just so much fun a body can take in a 3 day period I guess! But going home they told us that it was the greatest weekend they could remember! Hopefully we will give them lots of those great weekends, but it's always fun to hear them say it! It was fun to have that bonding time with the younger kids without worrying about Nate needing us or the big kids bossing anyone around! :) We got up early and headed to Draper to go to the temple open house. They were so excited! They had been looking forward to going inside the temple for so long and they were not disappointed! The temples are truly the most beautiful places on earth and I was so happy that they had the opportunity to see the inside for themselves! They are still constantly talking about it... the mirrors that show them going on forever, the beauty of the Celestial room... all of it! It was great!!! We drove over and ate breakfast and then waited until it was our turn to get on the bus and go to the temple. After the temple we changed clothes and headed to the mall. Everyone was exhausted at the end of the day and after room service of cookies and milk before bed, they slept so well!!! Saturday we headed to Temple Square to go through the visitors center and the museum before we headed home. They loved the attention the sister missionaries gave them and loved seeing the Salt Lake Temple up close... it's been a while since we have been there! As we were leaving Wyatt said, "Thank you mom and dad, this was the BEST weekend EVER!!!" And then they all started yelling, "Thank you mom and dad!" It truly was a wonderful weekend! One that will be in their memories forever. It was fantastic to hang out with our younger kids like that!

At the church across from the Draper Temple:


Wyatt taking a picture of himself: and one of Kalli
At the visitor's center on Temple Square:

At the church museum:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet the sister missionaries were thinking, "What a cute little family with five children!" Little did they know, that was only one-third of your family! LOL! I'm glad you had a great getaway!

Lara said...

I'm so envoius!! I pray that someday we can afford to do something like that with our kids. What a wonderful memory for them.