We are quickly running out of room for our food storage! Well, in truth if we actually had the recommendation of a year's supply of food for a family our size we would need to own another house! But we are trying desperately to get our years supply of food and water and are now getting creative in storing it. We already have some big bulk items out in the garage in sealed buckets but Thayne and Jace are now going to build a food pantry in the garage. We don't park in it anyway, so why not? There will still be room to park a car in, but they are going to build a food pantry that is insulated and with shelves to the ceiling. I can't wait! Well... I'll wait while they finish the inside, but that is the goal to have finished before the end of summer.
So today I cleaned and organized the back room (off the kitchen... it used to be my laundry room, and will be again as we are getting another set after promising me one for 2 years after giving up both of my old sets and getting a HE set!) and organized the mess of food that had been stacked up waiting for me to get to it. We are out of room back there now, and will continue to stack in the downstairs laundry room until we get the garage done! I also cleaned and organized the freezer in the garage... it's completely full, we need to get another one. And I cleaned and organized both fridges, the one in the back room and the one in the kitchen. I also went visiting teaching which takes half a day at least! And I kept the kids working while I was working which was a huge accomplishment all by itself. Got dinner made and did the dishes and we got both the kitchen and living room mopped! I may have a page full of things I didn't get done... but I did do something!!! And I am just going to go with that tonight!!! (Didn't get a picture of the back fridge or the freezer because Thayne is back there painting trim and I will not distract a man in action...especially when that action is getting my house finished!!!) Now if the rest of my week could be productive... it's going to be insane! We have New Beginnings tomorrow night. And a parent/teacher conference at the high school. Pack meeting/pinewood derby on Wednesday...oh, but wait... Thayne and I have to go into town for temple recommend interviews too... these are the moments of parents trying to figure out how to be in two places at the same time! Parent/teacher conferences are Thursday and we may or may not be going to a Jazz game this weekend. My calender is running out of room to put eveything that needs to be done... but today I did this... and I am going to concentrate on that!!!





5 comments:
The food storage looks beautiful. I love the food pantry in the garage idea, we have talked about doing something similar. Thanks for the post!!
I have food storage envy!!!
Look at the food storage, amazing. Our house is too small to have food storage. One day, lol...
Oh and you did a great job today, I think you got a lot done.
You have to use my strategy for feeling accomplished at the end of the day:
I write down everything I DID do, and then cross it off.
The food storage looks AWESOME!
LOL Garrett just walked up behind and and said, "that's what we need!" He's right! It looks great!
Post a Comment