I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Moving right along....

On the home improvement project that is! They called and said that the carpet has been shipped and should be here no later than next Friday, so hopefully by the end of the month we will have new carpet in the bedrooms and the stairs!

Garrett came out and helped on the deck while Jace worked on the trim in the living room. Tiffany just worked on Old Maid with the kids which they absolutely loved! (She's the best!) And then of course the kids thought dancing on a half finished deck sounded like a good idea... yeah, I know... but what can I do! They have too much of their father in them sometimes and things that aren't really a good idea sound like fun! :) haha! But nobody fell off so that was a plus! And being the good mommy that I am... I told them, "I don't want ANYBODY falling off this deck!" I yelled it every few minutes to them and for once they all obeyed! Didn't want anyone thinking I was a bad mom for letting them play on the deck with no rails on it! Besides, it isn't that high! Unless they fell on their heads I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cause too much damage... or is that if they did fall it wouldn't... oh well... they didn't fall so there was nothing to worry about! ;)

We pick up doors tomorrow and it's Thayne's day off and he told me I canNOT bug him so he can get some things done! In my defense....I don't bug him, he just likes to hang out with me... okay, and I like to be with him too, so if I happen to be leaving, he looks at me with puppy dog eyes and I end up begging him to go with me and we end up playing more than working! It's a horrible, vicious cycle! But I am going to be strong and NOT ask him to do anything but work, work, work on the house! It doesn't hurt that I have a million things to do to prepare for the humanitarian part of the stake women's conference on Saturday. It kind of got handed to me to be in charge of and it's down to the wire and I need to get it organized! So Thayne is on his own tomorrow... he will do nothing but hang new doors and put on the new trim! Poor guy!

Tiffany and the little ones playing Old Maid... Kami and Hyrum tried to cheat to see where the Old Maid was in Tiffany's hand!On the deck... cutting trim and dancing!


And pizza for dinner! All of Nate's toys thrown onto the couch and everything moved to the middle of the room!

No comments: