Tonight we were having a girls party at Katie's house. Twilight came out on video... well, it will on the 21st but it is at my house because I have to put it out in the video store on the 21st and the girls decided to take advantage of it and have a party. Parties with Katie and the girls always seems to include some dancing and singing 80's music. I'm telling you... my girls were all born in the wrong era... except had they been born in the 80's they would have had to have been my sisters instead of my daughters! So there was first some incredibly funny and entertaining dancing and singing to songs such as You Shook Me All Night Long, Jesse's Girl, Pour Some Sugar On Me and numerous songs by Journey. So what... they're rock stars! :) I love hanging out with my girls. They make me feel young and happy when I am with them!
And after brownie desserts complete with ice cream, caramel and hot fudge, we are ready to settle in to Twilight! Ummmmm... I think we were caught up in the heat of the moment when it came out on big screen! Katie's tv did it no justice!!!! :) It's kind of cheesy!?! But oh how we laughed! This is where Kailee decided that you can relate anything to an 80's song. So much of the night was spent with random 80's songs being thrown out for any given scene in the movie! We figured with as much money as they made on Twilight, they surely can afford some big name actors to play Bella and Edward in the second movie... we were thinking Angelina and Brad! Don't ya think Angie would be a great Bella... with those big lips after she is changed to a vampire.... WOW... watch out! And she is partial to viles of blood around her neck so she seems to be perfect for the part! Yep... love bites! The show was cheesy but the company was top notch and it was just too much fun!
At one point Katie counted how many bodies were on the floor and couch watching the movie... 17! Yep... 17! She said she couldn't believe she had that many people there watching the movie. I just laughed and told her, "Welcome to my world!" Kassi can't believe how much fun it is to watch movies with us grown women... Buffy, Katie and I don't consider ourselves grown women... sheesh! We are much to young to be grown women!
We are now looking forward to chicken noodle soup and the Sponge Bob birthday party Kimi requested for tomorrow! Poor Katie... she thought 17 was bad... with her family, Buffy's family and Melissa's family (Kimi invited them all for soup and cake), there's going to be more like 57 people for dinner! This should be fun!
Excuse the blurry pictures... I was taking these with my cell phone and since there was much dancing and moving it didn't make for very clear pictures... that will teach me to leave my camera when I go out of the house! However Katie has it all on film and she threatened to have it all over youtube by morning! We know her better... her idea of 'myspace' is the space inside her pantry door... we know we have made it in the world when we have pictures up on Katie's myspace!











1 comment:
Hey, that looked like a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there. Next time invite me and I will drive the 6 to 8 hrs to be there.
Post a Comment