I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Angels Among Us!

A few years ago a sweet friend sent me an angel that plays the song, "Angels Among Us"... I met her when she came to visit her sister and came in to Curves. She had struggled with her weight and health issues for a long time and had gone into the Curves in her hometown and they treated her badly and wouldn't take the time to show her what to do. I told her sister to bring her in and I would do what I could to help her. That was it... it was no big deal. She is the most amazing lady and it was a privilege to get to know her and she became a dear friend. She sent the angel and told me that I was her angel. I only showed her how to use the machines... she did the rest and she changed her own life. But I look at the angel everyday in my window by the sink, and think of her. I also think of the importance of trying to be angel-like in my actions and desires, and try to serve in a way that angels do.

Today was strange though. Nobody ever winds up the angel. I can't remember the last time it has even been touched. And it isn't in a place that the little kids can get to it. Today Kassi and I were in the house but everyone else was either gone, or outside. And the music started playing. Just a few notes. But NOBODY was around... nobody had wound it up. Yet it continued to stop, and start several times. Kassi looked at me and said, "Somebody is here... and angel is in the house!" And we both got chills. I'm not sure who it is... but we both looked at each other and knew it was true. That has never happened before... and after several minutes of it stopping and starting, it hasn't done it since! I guess there really are angels among us.