I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Can we call it a day???

Haven't I done enough to call it a day? I realize we are barely going on noon, but it was a horrible night. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Thayne was on my side of the bed because 2 little girls who shall remain nameless (Kalli and Kami) ;) were on Thayne's side of the bed. Somebody left the light on above the stove and I finally had to go turn it off because I kept waking up. That and I kept pushing Thayne over....

So it didn't start out wonderful... but those mornings I hear the water constantly running make me want to go completely crazy! Kimi thinks turning it on slowly and with just a light stream is somehow going to fool us that the water is still running. And let's not mention that Tallin was pounding on the door because he needed to get ready for school. Yes, I enjoy those mornings where the 20 year old is fighting with the 17 year old... it makes me mad enough to want to scream that living in this home till you are 18 and graduated is a right.... after that it's a privilege and she was running out of my generosity!!!! :-) She told him to get up earlier... um.... they have to be out the door by 6:45am... and she doesn't have to be out the door until after 8am.... why does this not make sense to me????

Because I had to go downstairs to deal with fighting kids (and/or adults... hmmm... don't get me going!) I see the pile of blankets that I was under the impression had been washed... so I walked into the laundry room to find that somebody (BOYS) took out the whites that had been drying but were NOT dried, in order to dry their own wash... leaving them sitting long enough that it was just gross and needed to be washed. Got the floor cleaned up... (is there a reason that 2 pizza boxes and a pile of school papers were on the floor????) Went through all the rooms and got all of the cups/plates/forks/bowls out of the rooms and sent upstairs to the kitchen... again do I wonder why there are bowls/cups/plates/utensils down there when the new and improved rule of ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD IN THE BASEMENT OR SOMEBODY IS GOING TO GET HURT was recently implemented??? Of course not... why would the big kids that can't seem to shave their legs in under 25 minutes in the tub think they have to follow the house rules... that would just be silly! Laugh with me.... or I may cry!!!

I jump in the shower to get ready to run to the store with Kalli to get her something for her field trip since yesterday was shot as far as planning goes.... so, cold lunch is in the bag, get her to the school and head in to Curves. I got a work out with only 2 interruptions. Then back to the video store to do the deposits and the start and back to the grocery store to get what I needed that I didn't have time to get the first time, and to also pick up Nate's ear drops from the pharmacy since they weren't open when we were there the first time. Stopped at the high school to give money to Kassi and Tallin for the bbque the school was doing as a fund raiser for a teacher that recently passed away from brain cancer. And let's not really mention that Kassi texted me from school (gasp) to tell me they needed the money... no, we couldn't have told me last night or even this morning before they left. And I am almost embarrassed to say that I was so proud of myself leaving the store that I had remembered that they needed money, and even had the cash out sitting there to drop off... and then drove right past the high school and had to turn around about a mile and a half up the road! Home to shrink wrap about 45 lbs of meat I found on clearance at the store. Cleaned up that mess and started soup that I promised my friend that I spent all day in the hospital with yesterday. She has been sick with kidney stones and thought it sounded good. Of course when I make soup I take it to Katie too and I was talking to my mom who wanted some for her and my dad.... she said she would meet me half way and to have it done by 3 when dad gets up to eat before night shift. Sure... that's no problem... I can do that! No problem at all!!! So here it is... noon. Hyrum is bored, Kami is mad and I just sit here scratching my head and knowing that I have several phone calls to make that are important, one being very important to get a day cleared for a meeting for church... knowing that tonight is book club and laughing that Tallin just texted that they have senior awards night tonight and that Thayne has to get the Tahoe running when he gets home, even though there was just recently $1000 worth of work done on it. Why would I expect that to actually fix the problem of it just dying at odd moments!

So, is it bedtime yet? If I am lucky I might be able to actually sleep in the next 10 hours or so. Now I am off to check the boat load of soup I am making!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I know I can't help and you won't let me help, but does it help to know you are so loved?

Living My Dream said...

Aw Karen... you know I love you and would let you help... there was really nothinng to do except just do it. You can come and eat soup if you want now that it is done!!!

Robyn said...

I hate days like that! Here's hoping that Thursday is much better! Sending you a big hug!