I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Letting go of expectations...

I have thoughts of what is ideal... I always have. It's not always realistic to think of what is ideal... but I always have anyway. I guess I am getting better at expecting to be disappointed in some things in life. I guess it's too much to hope that some day others may actually live up to my ideal. It doesn't take away the frustration, and even the hurt when others don't even make an attempt to put someone else first... or that other things are always more important. But I am getting better... I don't expect much out of some people most of the time... sad, but true. Even more sad is that I am almost to the point where there is no disappointment... one day maybe I just won't care at all or even give it a thought. I doubt it... but I can hope. That would be ideal!

1 comment:

talitha said...

It is good to let go of some expectations...especially ones about other people.

But, I am sorry that you were let down. That is never fun.