I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another mad dash to the doctor, and back...

It was Jace's check up with the burn clinic to check his grafts and make sure the infection was under control. They got the first set of results from the cultures and they said it was staff but not MRSA. Although we are waiting for the second set of results from the cultures that actually checked the infected sores, not the dried up ones.... who knows... we just know that they are getting better and are grateful that they are. And the doctors were impressed that he is walking so well and how well everything is healing. He has been wearing these nylon socks to help keep the scar tissue down and keep the blood flowing in his foot and leg. The difference is like night and day. I can't believe how much new skin has grown in just recently. He walks with a limp, but they want him to start real, full blown physical therapy so that he will have complete use, and range of motion in his ankle. He's doing great. I think pictures don't do it justice but it has filled in so well... it just blows me away!

And on a happy note, the trip was a complete success since I wanted to get the Old Navy t-shirts for the 4th of July for the whole family. I scored big! I managed to get them for everyone, including Caitlyn... but I need to go back and get them for Tiff and Garrett if they think they want them... Jace will be the only odd man out... he doesn't want to be part of the crowd I guess.... he's always been difficult about that! :) ;) I told him I could put his number on the back... he's #2 if it makes him feel better. He just gave us a dirty look but Caitlyn and I thought it was funny!

For now Jace is good to go for 2 months... the visits are getting farther and farther apart which means the healing is going exceptionally well! Yeah for him, and for all of us!

4 comments:

Kat M said...

yay for the healing!!! Keep it up!

I have been thinking about getting those old navy shirts for our family. They are a great deal! Can't wait to see pics in July.

Morgan said...

OUCH! Those pictures look really painful!

I can't believe the 4th. of July shirts are out already. Spring went by SO fast!

Nothing shocks me anymore... said...

Kim, as a mama who has seen her 20 month old with 1st/2nd and 3rd degree scalds.. I feel I can tell you those scars look GREAT! He is healing beautifully! Sounds like he is already a character so his inevitable scarring will just add to that!

Natalie said...

We are getting the same shirts for the 4th! Great minds think alike I guess... glad Jace is doing well.