I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Seminary Graduation

Early morning seminary is something that most LDS kids look forward to, and dread.... most moms look forward to it and dread it too. I think the reason they dread it the most is because when our kids start driving on our own they are out on the roads, in the middle of winter, usually before the roads are really taken care of. But it is also the most amazing time. The kids get to start their days learning about Heavenly Father and the Savior, and other things of an eternal nature. What more could a parent hope for? The kids are hit with every possible horrible thing out there in the world, walking down the halls of the high school is an enlightening experience to say the least.

After 4 long years, lots of lost sleep and more doughnut runs than I might want to hear about Tallin has graduated. Never again will he get to be at seminary earlier than the snowplows get out to sand the icy roads... no more stress at if they are going to get there on time. He's done! He did it! He sacrificed and did without sleep, but he graduated from seminary! Yeah Tallin!!! We are so proud of you!!!

2 comments:

5moonbeams4us said...

I loved early morning seminary! I really wish that my kids were going to be able to experience it, but we have release time here. Good job Tallin (you too Kim!)

Karen said...

Great Job Tallin!!! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments this year.
We think you are neat.....the R***** girls!