
I guess it will always seem strange to me that I have to be so protective of Nathaniel and his health. With the other kids we just went, did, and never really worried about whatever it was going around as we might catch the ick but it was never a big deal and never really ended up lasting long. But everything changed with Nathaniel. We have always taken our kids to church immediately after they were born... I mean, if we manage to get out to Walmart, we can certainly go to church. And it's never been a big deal before, but it is now. Even now, with him being 22 months old, it is still an issue! And it is scary. The other kids have had head aches, stomach aches and low grade fevers and were sick for 24 hours or less and back on the run. Nate gets a fever Wednesday... and it is high, and he is sick. We manage to keep it under control with Motrin and Tylenol, but he is still sick. We called yesterday to make an appointment today because we didn't want to go through the weekend and end up in the ER or something if he really was sick. He was fussy in the night but seemed like he might be feeling better and I debated on keeping the appointment. But we decided to go and I am so glad we did. She took a swab to check for the flu, which came back negative. However he is working on another case of pneumonia so she got him right on an antibiotic! I am so glad we went. But we just can't let him get near anyone that has the tiniest sniffle. It is so scary! He still is wiped out. He gets up and teases and plays for a few minutes, but then he sits down and looks like he is wiped out and ready for a nap! My poor baby! I am now debating on if we need to fight for them to get the Synagis shots approved again for this winter. I just don't know!
1 comment:
Poor guy! Asher has been really wiped out this week too with a fever and cough. In his case though, his lungs are clear so he's just got an upper respitory thing going on, nothing serious. I am so sorry Nate is having such a hard time. He's in my prayers. Oh, and I absolutely would find a way to get Nate the synagis shots again. He just is so prone to respitory probems and he gets so sick as a result. The last thing you want is RSV this winter! I hope he feels better soon!
Melissa :)
Post a Comment