Another day, another sick kid I guess. Is this how the winter is going to be? Oh I hope not!!! Yesterday I finally called and asked if the clinic had any openings. I was shocked when they told me yes. I should have known! There is one doctor that is so horrible that I am sure NOBODY wants to see him so that is why he alone had openings. They usually don't make me see him since he has misdiagnosed my kids one too many times. But, desperate times means you do things you don't like to do, and that was going to him instead of the ER, which has it's own problems! Kailee joked when we were driving to Utah to see the doctor that they tell med students that barely pass that it's okay, they have a plan for them, they will just send them to our town!!! :) So I took her in. I knew in my gut that she had pneumonia. She had the exact same symptoms as Nathaniel and I just KNEW she had it. She didn't sound like it, but neither did Nate when I first took him in. 5 days of a fever and not too many other symptoms but being run down didn't seem like the flu to me. We get there and they are trying to make Kami wear a mask. She freaked out just looking at it. I knew she didn't have the swine flu so I just held her on my lap and didn't let her breathe on anyone! :) Kami watched the doctor with his duck like mask on in complete awe... like she couldn't believe someone was actually so ridiculous!!! He tells me that he hears something in her lungs. But he wouldn't treat her, even after 5 days of a high fever without an x-ray. I have to say I was not happy to make her have a chest x-ray when he knew and I knew that she had pneumonia! Lucky for me, the x-ray showed what I already knew... that she has pneumonia too!!!
And then, poor Hyrum got up with a fever too. He had to miss his field trip at school today because of the fever. Hopefully he just has the 24 hour bug that the other kids have, not pneumonia like Kami and Nater! This is going to be a really long winter if we have to go through this too many times!
No comments:
Post a Comment