At the rest area just hanging out and showing off for the camera. It is so strange to just have the little kids. Tallin drove the van with the older kids home early so they could get to church on time here. Kassi was so funny....she said that they were talking about how much they love to go to church without us. I asked her what that meant and she said that it makes them feel so great to go to church on their own because it makes them feel... and know that they are doing it for themselves because they totally believe it all on their own! That made me feel good too!!! But I told Thayne that I am so not ready to be dwindling in numbers where kids are concerned!!!
A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
The 4th of July....
We had planned on staying in Utah so we could go up to the zoo on Monday but because Nate was sick we decided it would be better to get home because I hadn't taken his nebulizer for his breathing treatments. So instead of going to church we headed out and got home just in time for everyone to take a nap. I think we were all exhausted because everyone fell asleep! Jace called us and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner... he was barbecuing hamburgers, hot dogs and ribs. It was fun to go to their apartment and spend time with them. After dinner we watched a movie and just got to hang out together. They were going to do fireworks at dusk across the street from our house at the marina so we all went there to enjoy yet another fireworks show! It was fun to just be able to walk across the street and enjoy a great show! And now, the 4th of July is officially over... except that Thayne gets the 5th off, but it will be back to getting things done around the house!!!
At the rest area just hanging out and showing off for the camera. It is so strange to just have the little kids. Tallin drove the van with the older kids home early so they could get to church on time here. Kassi was so funny....she said that they were talking about how much they love to go to church without us. I asked her what that meant and she said that it makes them feel so great to go to church on their own because it makes them feel... and know that they are doing it for themselves because they totally believe it all on their own! That made me feel good too!!! But I told Thayne that I am so not ready to be dwindling in numbers where kids are concerned!!!



We laughed when we got to Jace and Cait's and Thayne opened the grill to find one lone burger sitting there. We told him that he might need a little more food than that one burger! He was prepared though and fed us quite well!
Hanging out after dinner watching a movie....
At Jace and Caitlyn's....

Tallin at the marina....we are going to miss you the next two years but are so excited for where you will be and what you will be doing!
At the rest area just hanging out and showing off for the camera. It is so strange to just have the little kids. Tallin drove the van with the older kids home early so they could get to church on time here. Kassi was so funny....she said that they were talking about how much they love to go to church without us. I asked her what that meant and she said that it makes them feel so great to go to church on their own because it makes them feel... and know that they are doing it for themselves because they totally believe it all on their own! That made me feel good too!!! But I told Thayne that I am so not ready to be dwindling in numbers where kids are concerned!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much for the picture of the mountains.. O how I miss them.. It sure was goregous that nite... Love reading and being able to see how full and happy you all are... Thank you for the great example you are to us!
Post a Comment