I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The reason why I don't sleep well...

I have insomnia and it usually takes forever for me to go to sleep at night. And Thayne usually gets up at 3am to go to work. So between me going to sleep and him getting up I can hope to have around 3 hours of sleep... which is why I always hope I get back to sleep when he leaves. But it seems that I have little people that think that their dad's side of the bed is free game after he leaves. Which means very little sleep after he is gone. I woke up because the sweet boy at the bottom of the picture was sleeping on my feet. I finally got him moved over and off my feet only to have feet in my ribs from the sweet girl in the middle of the picture. I got her pushed over and got a foot right in my face by the precious little toad at the top of the picture. As I pushed his toes out of my teeth he flipped over and got comfy in the middle of all of the pillows, and I gave up and got out of bed. I did manage to get this picture before sweet Nathaniel woke up and jumped off the bed and waved at me and said, "Hi mommy!".... which makes it all better for sure! Well, almost better. I still wish I could get a nap, but with those sweet faces I guess sleep can wait until they are all grown up!!!

2 comments:

The McPherson Family said...

I can SO relate to this post! Except, my little toad is usually nursing too... nothing like being chomped on all night long.

Natalie said...

SO CUTE!!