I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tomorrow...

Kimi asked if Wyatt and Hayden could come over and stay for a while with her and Matt. Last Sunday we met half way before church. Wyatt and Hayden were so excited to go and have had the best time visiting their big sister. Wyatt especially misses Kimi and has even been found crying at night wishing she didn't live so far away! They have gone swimming and playing and enjoyed the beach...

And I have to say this ~ We have realized while they have been gone, but with them away we actually sleep in! I know, it's horrible to say but we can sleep with those two gone!!!! Not sure if Wyatt or Hayden is to blame. But one, or both of them manage to wake this household up at really indecent hours and with them gone it is not uncommon for us to finally be rolling out of bed after 8am... sometimes closer to 9am!!! THAT is huge!!! Usually I wake up far earlier and then read or simply enjoy the silence.

But I miss those two boys. I can't believe how empty our house feels without them. Tonight there are only 4 kids home. And it is so eerily quiet... strange even. I don't really like it either. I think I need to adopt some kids to fill the silence. I keep thinking of how strange it is going to be when school starts. What is Nate going to do? I don't like how quickly time is flying by and how everyone is growing up far too fast! I don't like that there are only 11 kids living at home right now. That just isn't enough! So tomorrow we will meet Kimi and Matt again, half way from here to there to pick them up. And then we probably won't see them again until next month for Tallin's missionary farewell.... Kimi is so happy. She has settled right into married life and loves being a wife. And I am happy for her! I love that she has a beautiful home and a husband that she adores. Yet I can't help but think of the days when she was just a tiny little girl who loved her hair curled pretty with a big bow I had made to match whatever outfit she was wearing! Life just keeps going on... but by this time tomorrow night I will have 2 of my boys back! Yay! We will see which one it is that wakes us all up far too early every morning!!!!

No comments: