I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, July 8, 2010

He's taken over my bed....

Is it any wonder that I often cannot sleep??? Every night it is the same thing... time for bed but Nate is not excited about HIS bed. And then there are the days when he is sick, like he has been for the past week, where he wakes up gasping for air and we have to hold him and help him breathe so those nights he ends up sleeping on our floor next to the bed propped up on a bunch of his favorite pillows. But it never fails that sometime in the night, no matter where he starts out, he ends up in my bed, sprawled out pretty much like this! This is him Sunday night when we first got home from Utah. He was so tired, and so sick and every time we put him to bed he cried but then he demanded to be on our bed....and yes, he demands and sadly the vast majoirity of the times we give into his demands because... well... because he is still here, alive, and able to make demands!!! And even if I complain about it, I have to say that I just really don't mind. Because one day he will be too big to sprawl out on out bed, or even want to. Life is spinning on so quickly and they are growing up. Thayne said last night that he didn't think he is okay with this empty nest feeling. Which is funny considering we have 11 children in the home... But I get what he means because 11 kids feels like almost none! So for now I will wrap my arms around this little man every time he finds his way into bed, and rejoice that I wake up with my back hurting because of him...because I would rather hurt every morning from his foot in my back, than the hurt that we could have felt because of him.... love you little man!

No comments: