I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 5, 2010

The derby...

We love the derby in Delta.... I mean really love it! The kids start talking about the next year as soon as we get home from the current year! It is pretty much standing room only and this year they sold tickets by the seat for the first time in... well in forever I think! And we didn't know they had started selling tickets in June! Luckily we got more tickets and off we went to the derby. It was everything it should have been, complete with tipped over cars, and trucks, agressive hits and fire and a couple of cars over the dirt wall and into the fence! And dirt flung on the kids that were down low by the fence which of course was their favorite part! It was fun... but boy did it get cold as the sun went down and by the time the fireworks started we were wrapped in blankets and shivering! But still... it was fun! We have been to other derbies but none of them compare to the ones they put on in Delta! In fact a couple of years ago Thayne decided to take the kids to a derby here. I told him we had done that before and it was horrible and he told me it would be great and not to worry... I was out of town! Ha! That was the funniest thing because it was HORRIBLE! It was expensive as it could be and it was HORRIBLE! He was trying to make the kids promise me they wouldn't tell how horrible it was, bribing them to tell me it was awesome! I could tell by the look on their faces that it was a total bomb... and they finally started laughing and told me just how horrible it was! But in Delta, we stay to the very end! Kailee says she wants to drive in it next year and is already trying to figure out how to talk her dad into it! This could be good!!!!





No comments: