This was the most amazing weekend... I say almost perfect because, if Thayne hadn't been hurt from his ladder accident on Monday it would have been absolutely perfect!!! Poor Thayne could barely walk and yet... he still kept going and we still had the most amazing time!
Friday (Happy Birthday sweet husband of mine!!!) Thayne and I left for Salt Lake to meet up with Buffy and Tracy to go to Lagoon. It was the perfect day to go to Lagoon. A little muggy but not horribly hot. It is always so fun being with Buffy and Tracy... very few people think the same way we do and find humor in the same things we do. So hanging out with them is just FUN! The day was great.... completely great!!! And we knew that today was going to be even greater in a completely different way!
And it was! I cannot even express the amazing experience we had today. When I grow up I want to be a housekeeper for the Salt Lake Temple!!! We got to go to an area that is rarely ever seen by 'volunteers' and I feel so blessed to have been able to be there! IT WAS AMAZING!!! The feeling in the rooms we were in was so sacred and so... wow, I don't even know how to put it into words but I feel like it is such a blessing to be able to participate in such an experience. To help clean the House of the Lord.
After we left we went to eat with Buffy and Tracy. I can't believe how fun it is to be with them. We laugh, and laugh and laugh! I cannot believe the conversations we have... and how much we laugh when we are together. Everyone thinks Buffy and Thayne are brother and sister... Buffy tells him he should have been born into her family but he was in a hurry... it is such a blessing to have friends that are so much like family. They are always there for us, have been for so many years. They have been there in our worst trials, with their arms around us. And they laugh with us day after day, week after week.... we feel so blessed!
This weekend filled us in so many ways. And our amazing kids kept the house running smoothly..... they are beyond amazing!!! I feel so blessed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment