Laundry Day... again!
It's not unusual to get behind on the laundry at our house. In fact it is more unusual to be constantly caught up with the laundry... because we have this life outside of just staying in the house and doing laundry around the clock. And when you miss a day, or two, or 3 of doing laundry, then the task of catching up seems so overwhelming that you want to sit down in the middle of it all and cry. We had done a load or two here and there, I would do some, the girls would throw a load in, but even that just managed to get up on the couch and wait for someone to finally fold it. Yesterday I decided that I have had it, and it was going to be a run to the laundromat today because for one thing, it would likely take all day to catch up even if I ONLY did laundry... and two, because my sweet husband really hates when I do it all in one day because it causes him stress when he looks at the leech field! That darn leech field has been a nightmare from day one here... and since we all know I love to keep my husband happy (hey... that wasn't sarcastic, I really DO love to keep him happy!!!!) I told Kailee we were making a run to the laundromat! 15 washers later, we had most of the laundry washing. Of course by the time we got it all loaded it was time to run Kailee out to open the video store, run to the high school to pick up Kassi so she could hang out at the video store while Kailee ran out to pick up Janae and take her and Kami to kindergarten. I ran back to town to finish the laundry, got it done, loaded in the Excursion and back out to the video store to pick up Kassi. Home to unload the laundry, started more laundry that was left home, folded laundry, and folded, and folded. Then the nurse called and said that they had faxed the prescription for the new nebulizer for Nate since the old, old one we had gave up the ghost and we were desperate! Ran back to town to pick it up. Willie went with me and as we drove by the store we realized that the store out by us didn't have pumpkins so we decided to stop and get 5 huge ones for our pumpkin carving contest we will have this week. Then met with Kailee and Kassi to give them my debit card to pay for the pizza we were having for dinner... because I refused to make dinner with my kitchen counter overflowing with laundry! Sadly, there will be more laundry tomorrow... but I am determined to go at least a week before I have this many clothes again!!! But as I was folding it hit me that while I had this mountain of clothes, the kids hadn't even ran out of things to wear yet! This just seems so very wrong to me! ;) Oh well... it's probably a good thing. I guess we have our year's supply of clothing! That's what happens when you have hand me downs, and still keep buying new, and then have people give you their hand me downs too! I'm not complaining... I'm just saying that I could probably purge the closets and not even know I did it!We have started putting the towels in our closet. Jace got home from work today and asked where the towels are. I told him in my bedroom, and he would have to have a card, like a library card, to check one out each week! I teased that nobody will get another one until they turn in the one they had..... he laughed at me and told me he can use his towel for months. Okay.. THAT is just ICK!!! He lies of course, he will be wanting another one in no time, but I will try and hold him to the once every two months and see what he does!They are going to hate me though, because after years of threatening, the door to the laundry room is going up and there is a KEYED lock and they are all going to have to do their laundry on appointed days! It's going to stink, but the door is finally bought and the list is going to be made. If they can't get into the laundry room, they won't be able to just throw their stuff in and make a huge mess. RIGHT??? Yeah, I'm not convinced either... but just for tonight I am going to dream about a perpetually clean laundry room! It might finally happen! Or not....
2 comments:
That is certainly a lot of clothes!!!
WOWZA!! You're my hero!
Post a Comment