Tomorrow we are having family pictures taken after church and we are going to have a houseful, and some spares. So we pulled out two of the turkeys that need to be eaten because, well, Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I will stock up and fill my freezers yet again with turkeys when they go on sale at the store. You see, when you buy $20 worth of groceries you get a turkey for just a few dollars... and since we can go through that much milk ever couple/few days, no since wasting the deal, so we buy the turkey too! But we had some left, so I figured I would make two of them up and hopefully we will have left overs and I can make a couple of extra meals.... like turkey pot pie, or turkey enchiladas, or if we are lucky... BOTH!
So, what's the problem??? Well... I found out AFTER I worked so hard to make that wonderful, melt-in-your-mouth, moist turkey that my sweet husband likes it DRY! Or better yet, he just prefers to not have it if he can help it! I don't know, something about childhood memories and a pet turkey or some other silly nonsense!!! :) Poor guy... because while I like to please my man, it just isn't going to happen here. I am still going to make my yummy turkey and he will continue to complain.... all while eating the bird!!! Gotta love it!


5 comments:
you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time… So just please yourself! Turkey sounds yummy and I love cooking them in roasters too!
Oh wow that sounds great! I've only made one turkey and it turned out dry and awful... :( Is that one of those plug in electric roasters you're using??
He really will eat whatever, he just complains that he doesn't like chicken or turkey... he eats it though! :)
Yes, those are the plug in roasters though you can do the same thing in the oven, just cook it at 250 degree all night with a couple of cups of water in the bottom of the pan, season it the way you like... then turn it up a bit to brown it and it is soooo yummy!!!
Do you ever use the roasters for other things?
I am deciding whether or not it's worth the investment to buy one.
Yes, I use it a LOT. We use it as a slow cooker (I use water and seasonings and slow cook roasts and they fall apart like if you had cooked it in a crock pot). I throw potatoes, carrots and pork chops and a cream of something soup and let it cook all day and it's perfect! It's one of my most used kitchen items.
Post a Comment