I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, November 8, 2009

FAMILIES CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER...

Today was one of those days that you keep in your heart forever! It was the yearly Primary Program. I have to say that I look forward to these programs every single year because there is just something about little children sharing what they know and singing like little angels! But this year it was something really amazing. It was on our belief that families CAN be together forever, as in eternal families. The program was beautiful, the kids really did sing like angels. They were so amazing. This year was a little different. This year two families were asked to sing a song. We were one of them. We were asked to sing Families Can Be Together Forever... I looked at Thayne and I looked around to see all of these amazing human beings that I am blessed to call mine and I couldn't help but cry... and cry... and cry! We had lots of people say that they cried too. I won't dare guess why... perhaps our singing? We aren't the Osmond's, that for sure! Some said it was seeing all of us up there, and hearing the words to the song... I don't know. But it was amazing to be a part of that. It was one of those moments that I will lock away and take out to remember sometimes when things are going bad. It was beautiful. And then at the end when the kids sang How Firm A Foundation, that's when the tears really got flowing and I could barely speak as I said the closing prayer of the most beautiful primary program we have ever witnessed! I needed this day more than I even realized at the time! What a blessing to be part of something so big, so encompassing, and so amazing!

No comments: