A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Sunday, November 22, 2009
I am grateful for... Nathaniel Adam
My precious miracle. Words cannot express the feelings I feel for him after all that we went through. The hours spent working so hard to keep this little guy alive... the miracles we have seen were enough to literally move mountains. He has the greatest personality, a sense of humor that keeps us all laughing and something about him that just draws people in. There is nothing better than him walking into a room and just starts laughing! I remember that dark night while waiting for the wings to be defrosted before life flight could take off, I planned his funeral... the darkest night of my life. But there was something about him that showed us he was a fighter and that we shouldn't give up on him! ...Those weeks fighting for his life, wondering how we were going to get through it, yet he always had a smile. He has us all wrapped around his finger and he knows it... he is fearless and funny. His love for others is amazing, he loves so openly and will give people a little wave and blow them a kiss at the oddest times and places... he is the youngest but his personality is the biggest. His siblings are so protective of him... this sweet boy showed them that prayers are answered and miracles are real and love is forever! So many nights I laid awake with him on my chest making sure he was breathing... and I was given the miracle of having the strength to do it! We thought we were done before he came to us... and yet, I cannot imagine what life would have been like without him.. without all that we learned because of him. May you, sweet Nathaniel always have the gift to give love, the power to lift others higher, and the courage to stand for right at all times and in all places... your life is a miracle, your name means Gift from God, you your life is truly a gift from Him... may you continue to bring joy to everyone around you and find joy in making others happy! I love you little man.... you are my gift!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment