A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Halloween Highway
What an insane day this day was... had to get up and start running errands early. Picked Kassi up so I could get her to work, came home to drop Nate off, and pick Willie up for basketball practice, went to 4 parent teacher conferences, back to town to do the last of the errands I didn't get done earlier... home to make pumpkin bars for Hyrum's class and for Kailee to take to work the next day and sugar cookies for a couple of other classes. Then found out that Thayne was stuck at work with MSHA problems so I told the kids to jump into their costumes so we could get out the door if they still wanted to go to Halloween Highway. Which explains why Kami and Kalli didn't have their hair done. Just as we were pulling out of the drive way Thayne pulled in and we told him to jump in and he could go with us to the high school. The high school has put on Halloween Highway for years. It's a safe, fun place for the kids to do a little trick or treating. The kids decorate the doors and then hand out candy. The kids look forward to it every year! The kids went through and we got home to shower and get to bed so I could finish up the baking and clean up the kitchen. Now onto the next Halloween activity!
The reaper, the miner and the Prince of Persia
Headed down the hall... this was the nice hall, there was a scary hall where you could hear lots of screaming... though Bummy and Hayden said it wasn't that scary.
Bummy... the bloody miner (his dad has decided that he HATES this costume and told them that from now on they get to be MINERS only, no blood involved. I feel the same. As a bad mother... I actually wasn't thinking he would be a bloody miner but it's just a little too 'ick'... ) and our glamorous witch...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment