I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Missionaries Impersonating As Miners

What a fun day! This morning I got to drive 6 of the area missionaries out to the mine to go on a tour. Unfortunately Thayne wasn't able to take us on the tour so he passed the buck (ha) and we went anyway. I like his tours the best but beggars can't be choosers so we took what we could get! I think the Elders liked it... what's not to like right?! We laughed that mining is the perfect 'boy' job. Big Tonka trucks to drive around, dirt, machines... pretty much everything a boy dreams of when he is young. At least that is what our boys like. Elder Davis goes home in a couple of weeks and he was really looking forward to going. I had fun watching these boys who have given up 2 years of their lives to serve the Lord! It made me less homesick for Tallin, and more homesick for him all at the same time. It's funny that it seems like yesterday that we were the same age as some of these boys, and now I feel protective of them like a mom. Where does the time go???!!!

It was fun to hear the guys that gave us the tour talk about the mine and the miners that work there. They are all very proud of the work that gets done and the job that everyone does to make it a great place to work. It's the largest producing gold mine in Northern America and they deserve a pat on the back!!!


Big bad miners... in their diggers and ready to go!!!
Elder Jennings and Elder Davis...
There's gold in them there rocks!!!






The elders all laughed at this one... too funny, and maybe true??? hahaha


Elder Brown holding on in the cage...
They weren't even scared..

Elder Brown....
Hahaha... notice the sign!
The signs make me laugh.... Elder Davis looked at it and then looked at me like, "Are you SERIOUS???"


Checking out the drill...
Nap time perhaps???
Thankfully we had no reason to use the refuge chamber!
In the cage after the tour taking us up 1,700 ft in about 2 minutes! :)



All of them safe and sound, and accounted for.... I felt a little like I do when I take a bunch of kids to the store with me... kept looking back to make sure we didn't lose one!

No comments: