I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, October 4, 2010

Kinzee Jo

Happy birthday sweet Kinzee Jo!
I cannot believe she is 15 years old.
I really am in denial that my girls are growing up so fast.
I have said it a million times but I remember so clearly
the moment of birth...
that moment when I met Kinzee for the first time.
The feeling of love, the amazement,
the gratitude that she was here safe and sound.
The absolute joy of having another daughter.
I remember the joy in the delivery room,
how we were laughing,
everyone in the operating room was dancing and singing to 60's music and how
Dr M said to stop laughing or my scar was going to be jagged!
Kinzee Jo...
our intense, friendly, amazing daughter!
I asked her dad what he would say to describe her.
He said, "Brilliant conversationalist!!!"
Yes... she is.
She knows her stuff, knows what she believes and why
and steadfastly lives what she believes!
Our lives have been blessed because she is ours.
Each personality adds something to our family that I can't describe.
Without each one we would have missed out on so much.
Kinzee is vibrant and fun and strong.
She is already counting down the days until she can get her
learners permit and I am wondering how I am supposed to let her grow up...
wasn't it just last week she was driving the little jeep around the yard?
And now she thinks she will be driving the car around in 6 months???
I can instantly remember the feeling of love I felt for her that first night
in the hospital room. It was dark, the hospital was quiet
(and there was a dead body in the hallway waiting for the mortuary to come!)
and I held her for hours, just looking at her sweet face.
Amazed at how she seemed so wise...
I often think I am the student and my children are here to teach me.
Happy birthday sweet Kinzee!
May you have a lifetime of love and joy
and may you always find reasons to smile!!!
Make a wish....

Our precious girl...
so grateful she came to be
part of our family!




1 comment:

Veronica said...

Seriously? Why did you put Nate in a dress? My gosh, they are like clones of each other as babies!!!