I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, October 18, 2010

Proud to be an American

When we heard the Tea Party Express was coming back to town we knew we wanted to be there. The kids were so excited! They get into politics for some reason! Both times we have gone have been inspiring and wonderful and definitely give you something to think about. It was interesting tonight when an 84 year old liberal man came to demand to be heard. What I found most interesting that he was all about being heard but not willing to hear what was being said. I find it a little, well... I don't even know... isn't it always that way? It seems these days those that demand equal rights give very little of those same rights to anyone who disagrees. I was talking to the kids about how some think that this is 'too right' and asked how being conservative in our thoughts, beliefs and actions is 'too right' and my spunky little 16 year old spoke up and said that in the Bible is says that the Lord doesn't want us to be lukewarm... (Revelation 3: 15 -16 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So because thou art warm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.) She made me laugh! I guess I can honestly say that there are very few things in life that I am lukewarm about! Willie and I were talking on the way home and I asked him if he had heard anything there that was contrary to how we are trying to live our lives? Or contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ that we try to emulate... He thought about it for a minute and said no, he did not hear anything that would make him think that they wanted to take away our right to worship the Lord. Everything is about honoring God, and this amazing country that we live in. We talked about how important it is to remain a free country where we have the right to worship how we choose... and that this is the very reason so many fought and died for that right. We heard a mom who had lost her son in Iraq. He gave his life defending what he loved, willing to stand and draw fire so others could live. How many of us are willing to stand and draw fire so others could live? I don't know. I hope I would have the courage, and the absolute belief that I would give my life to protect another... but I have never been in a situation like that. Am I willing to stand firm in what I believe no matter what others say? I believe I am... I believe I have. And I have seen my children do that.... they aren't lukewarm in their love of their Father in Heaven. I guess what was saddest about the old man was that he was not willing to hear the good that was being shared, and left when they wouldn't change their message. Why must we change our core values to make others happy? The one thing they stressed tonight was that it wasn't about the party, it was about doing what is best for the Stars and Stripes... doing what is best for our country. Recognizing the hand of God in everything.... and making our choices like they really matter. Because they do!

This isn't about race, it isn't about gender... It is about our convictions and beliefs. Why can someone scream prejudice at us when they know nothing about us.. because those that do know what matters to us know that we allow others to believe how they choose! We walked away from there tonight more determined to be better, to follow our convictions and to stand up to anything that would take our rights away. That's it, that's all... the only call to arms was to get out and vote, and take a friend out to vote if they need a ride! Nothing more devious that that!

Excited as the buses pulled into town... They had the local tea party meet first and the kids went around getting pictures of all of the signs!
Getting there and ready to set up as the excitement grows.
Wyatt Thayne and Lloyd Marcus... we had the chance to meet him and talk to him last time they came through. He has the greatest story. A true example of what our country represents!
Kalli Shai and Lloyd Marcus too
Some of the crew with Lloyd Marcus...

Proud to be an American

We love you Lloyd!!! Thanks for the great music and positive thoughts. Have a safe trip over the next few weeks... may the Lord be with you on your journeys!

No comments: