I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vince Gill tickets.

Kailee has a gift for knowing when to call the radio station to win the tickets...
It's one of her true gifts! :)
So when Willie comes up telling me I won tickets again
I was excited.
It was Vince Gill playing in Wendover and I love going there.
He put on a great performance.
It was good relaxing knowing that Saturday would be a sad day.
So off we went and enjoyed a nice ride over.
Hanging out together is always a good thing.
I like hanging out with Thayne,
and could only smile when he told me how much he liked hanging out with me too!
The Vince Gill concert was really good.
Though I do have to say that he changed my feelings about a song I
have always loved.
He said he had the opportunity to wrote a song with a great song writer and he
knew that this man like sad songs... had written Chiseled In Stone so the man
must really like sad songs.
So he played this song he had been working on, just wanting a sad song
and the guy told him it needed to go in another direction.
He wasn't sold. He wanted a sad song. But the song writer told him to
look around and tell him what he sees.
He saw a big house, walls covered with awards and prizes...
So he told him what he saw.
And then was told that maybe, if he ever wanted the same
he should listen.
So he changed the song
And may I say that the first time this song came out
I loved it.
Songs like this make me think of Thayne and of our relationship.
So while he wanted this song to be a sad, can't keep it together so we are going to 'break up' and go our own ways.
But instead it came out to one of the most romantic songs that had come out...
Look at us
After all these years together
look at us
After all that we've been through
Look at us
still leaning on each other.
If you wanna see, what true love should be,they just think of us.
Look at you
still pretty as a picture
Look at me, still crazy over you.
Look at us, still believing in forever
In a hundred years from now
I know without a doubt
They'll look back and
wonder how we made it all work out.
Chances are that we'll go down in history,
when they wanna see, how true love should be,
then just look at us.
Chances are that we'll go down in history,
when they wanna see, how true love should be
they'll just look at us.
When they wanna see, how true love should be
they'll just look at us.
Everytime I hear this song I think of my husand...
when we wanns see, how true love should be,
then just look at us.
And I hope that it always continues to be this way...
that is a song that means something to me...even if he thought it should have
been a sad cheating song. Definitely glad he went the other way!
So thayne...
when they wanna see, how true love should be...
they just have to look at us.
Thanks for being my best friend who likes to hang out with me
even when we go to concerts where they play cheesy love songs.
Love you there beside me Thayne...
love you so much

No comments: