the way that this little man loves me.
Unconditionally.
Completely.
He trusts that we love him the same way.
Which of course, we do!
I often think of just moments after he was born
when he turned his whole body towards me
and looked at me,
eye to eye...
And I fell completely in love with him.
It was like he had something heavenly to tell me
and like we had been friends long before that moment.
And like when I give birth to my own children,
I grew a new heart.
He spent the weekend with us while his parents went to Utah
for General Conference.
Gabe is a happy baby with a huge smile.
But this morning he was tired.
Kailee held him while I finished breakfast but Gabe
did his best to make eye contact with me.
And when he got it, his little arms went in the air
and his little fingers starting wiggling
telling me,
"Come get me grandma, come get me!"
As soon as I picked him up, wrapped him in his blanket and sat down
he grabbed onto my shirt and his eyes rolled and he yawned and
he cuddled in and went to sleep.
He was perfectly content to sleep in my arms.
But he held on tight to make sure that I would not get away
with putting him down.
And when he did wake up,
his eyes went immediately to mine
and he smiled again!
When you are loved by a child
all is right with the world!!!




1 comment:
I love how all of your stories of the moments after birth because you seem to have bonded with your kids so early on. My bond happened right about when my husband went to get the carseat from the car and started packing up, my first moments alone with my son. And then with my daughter it was when we got home because the hospital experience was so weird. I am still praying for another baby for you. You don't seem done loving and giving, though grandchildren is a whole new way to love and give and you seem head over heels with this cutie pie!!! Thanks for being a bright moment in my weeks with your words.....
Post a Comment