I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Redneck Boys....

I am always amazed at the ways and means my kids find to have 'fun' outside.... they don't like many REAL toys, but they always manage to find things to do outside. I have said before and I will say it again, the kids are hicks!!! I guess that comes from living where sage brush grows and we get the flies from the neighbors horses and that my kids often volunteer to shovel those neighbors horse manure but they won't clean their rooms without some less than gentle persuasion! :) So, I shouldn't have been surprised yesterday when I looked out the window and saw Hayden playing in the wood pile. But then he kept disappearing INSIDE the wood pile. I finally had to go out and investigate because well... you know... I would be a bad mom if I didn't at least warn the child that he could possibly be buried in the pile. He however assured me that there was no chance of being buried because (duh mom) he got the 2x4's from his dads pile and made support beams under there (sheesh, I should have known... his father IS a miner for heaven's sake!). Putting 2x4's across to hold the wood it only looks like he kept disappearing into the pile. He then cleaned it out and made a perfect fort for him and Bummy! That wasn't exactly what his dad meant when he told him to stack the wood, but what can we say... it's oh so much more fun to build a fort than to perpare the wood for winter. Come on dad!!! You know you are a redneck when you build a fort in the wood pile right??? I'm just glad they haven't asked to sleep in it!


2 comments:

Soonermomofmany said...

Ok now you are going to have to get pics from the inside to :d

Living My Dream said...

Funny... Hayden told me, "Hand me your phone so I can get pictures of the inside!!!"