It's easy to get scared and afraid. But sitting in PICU and seeing so many others suffering in so many more horrible ways, it makes you step back and count your blessings. I noticed a guy that I thought looked familiar. I noticed he kept looking at Thayne too. Thayne finally noticed him and knew that he was a guy that worked for him at his last company. We had heard there was a shooting in our town. A boy had walked into a house, shot the kid in the head and then went out and killed himself. The boy that got shot is his 13 year old stepson. They are waiting.... he is missing too much of his brain and they are waiting to see if there is any activity and then have to decide to take him off life support. Another little 4 month old was taken off life support after the mother's boyfriend shook him. So many senseless things happen in life. So much pain. While it is hard to watch my little man suffer, I know that he is loved and adored and taken care of. The true pain is watching these people suffer when it was so needless. I can't imagine!!! I am tired of waiting, when the outcome seems to be health in the end. What horror it would be to know you are waiting for the end to come. I am so grateful for what we have, and even grateful to go through the trials because in them we all learn. As bad as it is, everytime we have had a health crisis with Nathaniel I have watched my family grow in so many ways.
I know that many have been praying for him. I wish I could thank each of your personally. But I want you to know that we have felt the prayers. When it gets hard we are lifted and comforted. What a blessing it is to have so many wonderful people be part of our lives.
Here's Nate holding his tube.... and a close up of the chest tube.... modern medicine is just amazing!

6 comments:
SO glad to hear that adorable baby of your is improving. We will keep praying for all of you.
Still praying hard Kim!
That picture of him holding his tube is priceless. I will be praying for him and for you and your family. I think modern technology is amazing too....who knew that I could care so much for a child I never met. Take care.
He's so sweet. I hope he continues to improve.
You and your family are in my thoughts, Kim.
(Here via BBC August 04)
Oh porr little man! God Bless you all!
Continued prayers being lifted up for your little Nate! And for his Mommy and whole family! Know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers daily. ((((HUGS)))) and prayers from Cindy
Post a Comment