I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Sunday, July 27, 2008

One tiny answer to prayers

I am amazed (though I shouldn't be) at how the Lord hears our simplest prayers. I am amazed at the number of people praying for Nathaniel and I know the power of prayer can change everything. But sometimes we overlook the small stuff while praying for the big miracles. Nate has not smiled in 8 days. Not even a hint of a smile. And this is so unusual for our little smiley man. I didn't realize how hard I had been wishing/hoping/praying to see his smile again and wondering if I ever would see that sweet smile. Tonight while the nurse and I were caring for him, I was teasing him that he has put on weight (he is really bloated because of the chest tube) and kept laughing at his double chins and then he gave me the biggest smile! I was able to snap a picture of it on my cell phone and sent it off to several people.... the kids at home and some friends. One sweet friend, whose family had fasted and prayed for Nate today, told me that this smile was a direct answer to her prayer for me today! What a gift it is to have such simple, yet direct answers to our prayers. And what a blessing it is to have friends that care enough to pray those prayers for me! Thank you!!!


6 comments:

Jena9286 said...

I am so happy for you. What a blessing!

Cindy said...

That is such awesome news Kim! Continued prayers for Nates full recovery! ((((HUGS)))) and prayers from Cindy

Katie said...

That smile took my breath away!

A homeschool mother to many said...

Kim,
What an awesome smile he has,May God's angels cover him daily.
Nancy

Kaylene said...

I'm so glad he smiled. I hope he keeps recovering without any further problems. Sweet little guy!

Danielle said...

What a beautiful smile! He is so adorable!