I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a great nurse

Nate has had the sweetest little nurse the past 2 days. Her name is Rose, and she is Chinese. I love to watch her with Nate. She comes in to take his vitals and talks to him like he is a little man, explaining everything she is doing to him with her accent. He obviously doesn't like to be poked and prodded because he hurts from the chest tube, so he starts fussing when the nurses start checking him out. Every time Rose goes to check him she starts telling him she is just going to 'touchie, touchie, not hurtie, hurtie' him. She tells him she is listening to him breathe and should she count in Chinese for him. I have never met anyone so excited about my child's pee, poop and gas and she cheers him on for poopie, poopie. She even made me stand back so she could figure out how much he 'peed' on me today since it leaked through while I was holding him. She would make him laugh as she congratulated him on how heavy his diapers were when she weighed them. She is the only nurse to flavor his loratab because she knows he likes the orange flavored Motrin. She apologized to him when she had to suction him. This is a woman that loves her job and I love her because she has taken such good care of my little man. It's nice to have nurses that are so amazing to these little ones. What a gift they are!!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so glad to hear our little man is getting better!! Continued prayers for him, YOU and your whole family. Hang in there sweety!((((HUGS)))) and prayers from Cindy

talitha said...

I love coming here and seeing continued updates! So glad he is on the mend.

Jena9286 said...

That's awesome. We had a wonderful nurse like that when Aaron was in the NICU. Glad you have someone so sweet to care for Nate.

Michelle said...

I love it and love her for taking such good care of your little man. Continued prayers for Nate and for you!