I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, July 11, 2008

As if it's not enough...

That we have to worry about our kids. But now we have to worry about our parents too!!! I went with my mom to the doctor's today. We spend 2 1/2 hours there going through a test she had taken a few weeks ago to rule out any serious problems. She's had a bad kidney infection and had a CAT scan and this was the follow up. We found out that she is fine, no cancer or anything, but we did find out that she has 3 kidneys which was likely what they 'detected' in the original x-ray. It was actually really interesting but strange to think that she has 3 kidneys. And no... she isn't supposed to go out and donate one the doctor said! ;) He also told us that one in 3 girls born to women with 3 kidneys could have a 3rd one also and it runs in families. Weird! Although I have one daughter now that we probably should have checked since she has had a couple of bladder infections recently.

I didn't mind going, and waiting with her. The thing that kept running through my mind was that I did not want to have to worry about my parents getting older. I don't want to worry about their health. We were looking at pictures recently and my sister's husband asked how old my dad was in the picture. He was about in his early 40's.... just older than me and I remember how young I thought he was. Now why do they have to keep aging like my darned kids???!!! I am not getting any older, so how is it possible that my parents and my kids keep aging???

What a blessing that it isn't anything serious though. For that I am grateful!

No comments: