I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Nate

Just a quick update.... he had a downward spiral, not a good night at all. His blood gases are not good, they had to put a tube into his stomach to drain everything out, he's just really having problems. We will be headed down to the Intensive Care Unit soon. The good news is that the fluid around the lung is shrinking. It's amazing to see all that can come out of there but the tube so far is doing it's thing. They tell us that the first couple of days on antibiotics you can actually see a decline first. But that doesn't help me with my breaking heart for this little man. He is so precious to us. I just have to believe with my whole heart that he will get through this.


6 comments:

Lena said...

We'll be praying for your little man Kim.

WaMommy said...

Kim,
I used to chat with you on BabyCenter and just came across your blog. I'm sorry your little guy is so sick. We've been through the ups and downs of sick babies with preemie triplets so I know how much of a roller coaster your heart is on right now. We'll keep him and your family in our prayers. You have been such a source of inspiration to us. Take care, Kelley

Angela said...

Many prayers.....

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Kim, saying lots of prayers for Nate, and your whole family. How scary.

skittlebits said...

Kim,
We're praying for Nate and your family.

Emily from the August 2004 board.

Just a smalltown girl said...

You hurry up and get out of that PICU little man! That place is no place for a little boy.

Kat