I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 7, 2008

She knows her business!!!

My kids make me laugh. Sometimes I think that is the only reason I kept having them, is because they really make me laugh! Kami had lots of help at the parade getting candy. So, she tells us.... "Oh yeah, everybody helped me get candy... I know my business!"


We were going for a walk yesterday evening. Some of the kids were riding their bikes. Kami has been riding a two wheeler for a while now but we told her to slow down and be careful. She slammed on the brakes, put her feet down and turned around and said, "I know, I know... I told you I KNOW my business!" We just burst out laughing. She has an attitude alright and we totally blame her siblings! And she knows it too. We were trying to get a short nap yesterday after church and she came in, jumped between Thayne and me and asked over and over if she could have a cookie. We joked that if we ignored her she would surely go away. She didn't! So we told her no, we were napping and she wasn't having a cookie. She said in the most straight forward voice I have ever heard: "You do know if you don't get up and get me a cookie, one of my siblings will get it for me!"


And we wonder why the little ones are so spoiled! Yep... that girl KNOWS her business!!!

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Kim that is tooo funy. Kinsley says stuff all the time, aren't they about the same age? Kinsley just turned 4.

Veronica said...

What a little SAS!!!! You need to bring her over so she can get Ethan interested in riding a bike!

Anne/kq said...

Oh, my, she is a little firecracker for sure!

My four year old was not obeying promptly the other day, so her father told her again what she needed to do, a bit more sternly, and that she needed to do it NOW. She replied, hands on her hips, "Abba, you just need to be PATIENT!" LOL!