A wise man once said, "In all living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." We have weathered storms that tried to break us, but through it all, we have always tried to find the joy in our journey. Watching our family grow has given us more joy than we ever thought possible. There is joy in the journey, even in the middle of the storms!
I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom
Saturday, July 26, 2008
More on the roller coaster....
Another day, another ride on the never ending roller coaster ride. I am so tired. I am so tired of seeing Nate hurt. And now I am waiting for them to get back from x-ray yet again to see if the chest tube is leaking. I am praying it is doing it's job so he doesn't have to get a second tube in. One is painful enough. The doctors said this morning that while it looks like he isn't making progress... he really is. It's just that we take a step forward, and take a baby step backwards. Considering how sick he really was, I guess I shouldn't expect minacles. But I do. I trust that we will get that miracle. I just want him better!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know all too well how that roller coaster is. It's 1 step forward, 2 steps back sometimes. Have faith momma.
I hope he doesn't need a new chest tube, I know sometimes depending on how big the leak is they can just leave it leak.... Alex had so many leaks in his 3 (yes THREE!) chest tubes and vent that sometimes he sounded like a balloon that was popped and leaking air, it was pretty awful. They rarely changed them out.... only once that I remember when the swelling was so bad they had to go down a size cause his middle one wouldn't work at all, it was being squished.
Anyway, this all brings me back to memory land, sorry! stay strong and just do what you do, love on that little boy.
Kat
Kim, I don't know if you remember me from babycenter...I was smudgitsmom? It's been a long time since I posted there...but I have kept reading occasionally, and found your blog there, and from nurseheidi's blog as well.
Anyway...I am so sorry your sweet little guy is having such a hard time! I am thinking abut you and praying for a quick recovery. I know you want a fast turnaround for him....just hang in there! Kids really are so resilient, and he'll get over this. I used to work at PCMC, and watched so many sick kids get better so quickly...he'll do it...just give him a bit longer.It sounds like he had a pretty bad pneumonia, so it'll take him sometime, but he will do it! Look at what he's overcome so far! He's already a miracle kid! :)
(((HUGS))) I'm so sorry he's so sick!
Kim,
I said my prayers at the Altar this morning in church as well as put him on our prayer chain.God is working.
Bless you my dear friend.I pray for the Lord's comfort and peace.
Nancy
Post a Comment