I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Friday, July 4, 2008

The 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!

The 4th of July is one of my all time favorite holidays! Mostly because I love America. I love the chills I get as we stand as the flag goes by! I love that it's a holiday and I don't have to spend 3 months wages buying gifts! :) And I love family time and fireworks!!! And normally I absolutely love the demolation derby in our hometown. But this year we didn't go to our hometown. We planned on it, but several things came up and we stayed home. For years nothing went on around here and staying here was torture. But slowly things are changing and our little area is starting to celebrate with a parade and fun. We had a great time. Tammy and Clint and the kids came and mom and dad also came out for the parade. We had a bbque at home and then went over to the marina and played catch, and then kick ball... boys against the girls and the boys totally cheated and stopped the game when they were ahead by one point!!! :) Then we had some great fireworks. Let's not talk about why the show was held up for over 20 minutes... yes, let's not go there Garrett, Jace, Adam, Dani, Caitlyn.... let's just pretend that they weren't out on the marina in the canoe, just a little too close to where the fireworks were going to be set off and that the firemen yelled and yelled at them to back up but they couldn't hear and hundreds of people waited and waited and waited for the show to start!!! Yep, leave it to MY children and their friends for this to happen! But when the show started, it was definately worth it! I got some great pictures I will post on here. Yep, all in all it's been a great day, lots of fun, hanging out with my sister and her family, had a mean game of kick ball, great food, great family. But oh how I missed the derby!!! It did get so chilly that we were wrapped up in blankets which is just wrong considering it is the 4th of July!!! But we sat on the 'beach' and watched a great fireworks show, so no complaints there! Happy Birthday America.... and here's to many, many, many more. What a great place we live in. What a blessing it is to be free. Thank you to all those that fight to keep this country free! And all those that sacrificed before so that we have the right to worship how we choose, to celebrate how we choose. What a gift we have in our freedom!

No comments: