I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 28, 2008

One step forward.... 1/2 step back...

I don't think I ever believed you could be so tired. I am so exhausted that everytime I sit down my head starts bobbing. I think I fell asleep talking to Garrett. My mind is tired. I am so tired of worrying about my baby boy. Everytime I think we are making a step forward, the doctors come in and shoot me back. Right now they want to give Nate a blood transfusion... a packed Red Blood Cell transfusion. He's anemic and working too hard to keep his oxygen levels high enough. I wish I understood the technical/medical terms they throw at me. Oh, they are great and will explain everything, but my mind is swirling and I am never sure exactly if I know what they were talking about or not. His stomach is distended. He's swollen. They think it is because of the chest tube, taking so much fluid out, and protein, and lipids that his body can't get rid of the fluids they are putting in. He's hungry, he wants to eat, only they keep trying to give him stuff that he doesn't want to eat so he pushes it out with his tongue. I hate seeing him in pain. I know there are others in the world that are suffering worse, and it makes me sad. But this is my baby, he is My little man and I can't stand the thought of him hurting. We've been here almost a week.... he should be better by now. They keep telling me he is going to be here a while. I am so home sick for my other kids. I hate being away from them. I'm just so tired I can't see straight!! We just keep praying and waiting and trusting that he will be fine through this!

7 comments:

WaMommy said...

Kim, I'm sorry it seems like you are going to be there for a while, and I know how much you'd like to be back home with your other kids, etc. Try to get some rest if you can - listening to the doctors, and processing what they have to tell you will be so much easier when you have had some rest yourself. We lived through having tiny and sick triplets in the NICU for 8 and 9 weeks and it was so hard to tear ourselves away from the daily ups and downs, but when we got good sleep it seemed much more 'manageable.' You have a lot of people (worldwide, it seems!) who love your little one and are praying for you. Thank you for your updates.

Cindy said...

Oh hun! You are in my prayers and thoughts. Both you and Nate. Hang in there. Hopefully tomorrow will bring 15 steps forward and a quick journey home with your baby. HUGS!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

Saying lots of prayers. I have a feeling once he starts getting better that it will be like almost over night, and poof you will have your little man back. Hang in there.

Jena9286 said...

More prayers for you and little Nate. Saty Strong Kim!

Angela said...

Continued prayers for all of you!

A homeschool mother to many said...

Kim,

Oh,hon. You know if there is anything I can do for you I would and will. You can email me,or even call. I so wish I was there to comfort you,but know I pray daily and I pray the Lord lifts your spirits.
The Lord is with you my dear friend.

Please Lord heal little Nate,we know your a great healer and comforter,please comfort Kim during this trying time.Amen

HUGS,

Living My Dream said...

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and prayers. I am amazed at the friendship and love. I know that the prayers are being heard and we are witnessing great blessings and miracles!

Kim