I never knew how much love a heart could hold, until they called me mom

Monday, July 21, 2008

Making new memories!

We are having the most wicked thunder and lightening storm tonight. The sky shakes and it flashes blue every few seconds and then lightening will light up the skies. The thunder shakes the house. It's a weird night. Sirens and lights, cops, firemen and ambulances have been all over tonight. It's kind of erie. Kailee and I got home from the video store. Thayne had the kids in bed and was ready for bed himself. But he wasn't himself. Kailee asked him if he was okay. It's been a long week... a long weekend. Nathaniel has been so sick and it's had us pretty scared. When I say sick, I mean he has been sicker than when he was flown to the children's hospital when he was a newborn and we are exhausted. But the storm really had Thayne in a strange mood. He told Kailee he has two memories of storms like this. One is of funerals, because he associates it with one of his grandfather's funeral. The other is a personal memory in his childhood that has always haunted him. He shared it with Kailee and me. Trying to lighten the mood I teased him that somehow we were going to have to change those memories and make him some good memories of thunder/lightening storms. I turned and said, "Right Kailee?" She put her hands on both sides of my face and said, "Yes mom, you know what to do... we all want a baby sister!" I couldn't help it. I just started laughing. And I am still laughing thinking about it. Obnoxious teenager she is!!! :) Real funny!!! I can't believe the nerve of that child. But she is almost as much of a baby freak as I am and she has been begging us to have another for months!

I asked Thayne if he wanted to make the kids' dreams come true. He laughed and told me to get away from him! :) But I bet the next time there is a storm like this, he will smile knowing his daughter wants him to have good memories of the storm!

5 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

nkOH my LOL. I am sure next time it storms though, he will get a huge smile on his face. Then of course he will have to explain to everyone around him why LOL

Kate said...

oThat is hilarious! Ya know when my mom and dad were on their honey moon thay had no money so they just kinda locked themselves in their house. They had a horrible flooding rain and thunderstorm come up too (like yours) and they had been planning to go to the store to get some food while they were hole up on their "honeymoon" but when the storm came they couldn't get out and all there was in the house was saltines and vienna sausages. So now anytime anyone mentions vienna sausages my Dad blushes and gets all shy. Hilarious.

Tamlynn said...

I heard your little one was very sick. I hope the Drs. can make him all better! (((hugs)))

charmed said...

Prayers for ya'll. Keep us updated on Nate

Kat M said...

haha that is so funny...i am SURE he will smile next time!